“Meet the Open Source Industry” Roadshow 2007

Later this month Pia and I will begin a trek around the nation to host “Meet the Open Source Industry” breakfasts in every capital city. Yes, yes, all of them — Darwin and Hobart included! :-)

“Meet the Open Source Industry” Roadshow 2007

While we’re doing this to promote our Australian Open Source Industry & Community Census project (which you’ll hear more about soon, but you can read about some of it on our website already), we also wanted to make it useful for the whole industry, by educating potential business and government customers about Open Source and showing off our local talent. That’s how we roll!

So, come along for the breakfast and networking action! Make sure you RSVP so we can cater appropriately.

If you’d like us to introduce you during our presentation — and give your company or product a plug! — please send a 1024×768 slide for display, and let us know which city we’ll see you in. Our contact details are on the Waugh Partners website.

(Note: To support our rocking industry association, we’re only going to plug OSIA members. If you provide Open Source solutions and/or services, and you’re not a member… join OSIA today!)

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to “Meet the Open Source Industry” Roadshow 2007

1. Joshua Hesketh says:

Hi,

“(To support our rocking industry association, we’re limiting this to OSIA members. If you provide Open Source solutions and/or services, and you’re not a member… join OSIA today!)”

Is this referring to getting a company plug in the presentation, or is being a OSIA member required to come to the breakfast?

Joshua, ah, nicely spotted. I’ve fixed this in the entry. :-)

3. Joshua Hesketh says:

Excellent, Cheers.

Well I’ll be making an effort to come to your Hobart breakfast (I live in northern Tasmania, so getting there early enough could be a challenge). I’m sure I’ll add to the *massive* crowd.

Just out of curiosity, are you expecting many for Hobart?

Regards,
    Josh

4. Mark Tearle says:

I think you’ve forgotten the eastern islands :P

We’ll be happy with a room of 10 for Hobart, but it looks like we’re going to be surprised by a number of cities — I guess that’s just our snooty, Sydney-centric point of view on things. ;-)

But hey, that’s one of the reasons why we’re making the effort to go to all of the capital cities.

6. Fred says:

This may or may not be very obvious but I hope you are advertising outside of this forum otherwise all you will get are the me too’s and not touch the broader community. Have you thought of how you can get local inducstry/government support in advertising the event for example the Information Industries Bureau in Queensland

Fred, of course. :-)