Linux for (Servers and) Human Beings

Ubuntu Billboard

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Linux for (Servers and) Human Beings

1. pirast says:

heh !

where is that? i never saw such a ad!

2. stuhood says:

Do we have any idea who paid to have it put up?

3. That ad is on highway 101 northbound, just after the Ralston exit, in Redwood City, CA.

I took the picture from my cellphone cam going 70 mph. :) No idea who paid to put it up, but my guess is Canonical is probably involved.

4. Nooks says:

If it’s the sign I drove past today, it’s just outside Palo Alto/Mountain View, on US101, heading north toward SFO.

5. Leon Brooks says:

The “(Servers and)” scribble looks very afterthought or graffiti. Perhaps this was done by actual people? (-:

Surely the whitespace and layout suggests purpose… :-)

7. ravi says:

jdub, that space ain’t white. :o)

8. aqua says:

I passed that on my way home from work a week or so ago — got a kick out of it. :) That stretch of 101 seems to attract a broader variety of billboards than the usual “you are inadequate, buy this product” sort.

9. Jepessen says:

Great! I think that this’s is a good way to increment our community ;)

10. Nick Moffitt says:

Ubuntu is clearly engaging in ecologically sound brownspace infill server development to beautify the urban core.

11. Bongo says:

IMO I don’t think it was a good idea to like-additionaly place “servers” before “humans”. It makes it look like the “unknown” person thought Ubuntu is not suitable primarily for people. Placing “servers” after “people” would be a better marketing act making it look like Ubuntu is so good that while-being user-friendly it is ALSO capable of server operation. Server admins don’t look for OS on billboards while normal users can IMO.

Comments are closed.