Here are some very important rules and guidelines for the Ubuntu Conference, based on our experiences at previous conferences and expert local knowledge.
- The morning group meeting starts at 09:00 sharp. Be punctual, or sneaky.
- Sangria is not a breakfast drink.
- Shoes are to be worn at all times, particularly around food.
- Powerbooks are untidy and will be cleaned away. Entirely.
- You do not need to be on first name terms with the barman.
- Drinking tequila will result in the mysterious appearance of a Tux, GNOME, Debian or Ubuntu tattoo. The choice is yours.
- There is a limit of 1 (one) egg per customer.
- When ordering food from cute waiters and waitresses, it is highly unlikely that you are actually looking for your trousers.
- Any card not found in a standard fifty-two card deck is a spare nine of diamonds.